DO YOU NEED SOME HELP? HERE IS A GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO-WRITING A BRIEF- This is the first in a series of articles about commissioning video. The first step when you make a video, is to write a brief so you can ask video production companies to quote on the project. How to make a video- Part 1 Writing a Brief, deals with identifying the key elements required to shape your video. Once done you will have a video brief that can be understood by your chosen or prospective video companies.
We developed a series of pertinent questions that will help you shape your video project and enable us to understand your requirements.
- What is the aim of the video? To inform, sell or motivate? This will influence how to pitch your message, enabling us to create a successful concept and a sympathetic style that will achieve these targets.
- Who is your target audience? This will effect the terminology and language used. Also the style.
- What is the message you want to convey? What you want to say and to whom, will form the basis of your script.
- Where will the video be shown? On a website or at a Trade show? These will influence factors such as length, are sub-titles required. Do you need several different edits to satisfy different uses?
- What is your timescale? When does the video need to be delivered by? We can work backwards from the deadline day to plan the production schedule.
- Filming? What is the availability of staff, locations and resources? We create a detailed production schedule so everyone involved knows what is happening, when.
- Do you have any specific requirements? Motion graphics, special effects or animation? Additional animation can really help convey a message simply and quickly.
- Budget? It’s good to have an idea of what you want to spend. We can usually find a solution to fit your budget. Clients are often surprised about how much they can get for their money.
- How do you want the video to look? This is called the “treatment”. If you are not sure, maybe you have seen a video that you like the look of? Send a link and we can go from there!
We have incorporated these questions within our VIDEO PROJECT BUILDER. Once you have completed the answers we can then respond with some great ideas and ultimately submit an estimate of costs.
Think about a voiceover and music, it may seem little early to be thinking about these, but they are key elements.
Thank you for reading HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO-WRITING A BRIEF
Look out for the second part in this series-HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO-WRITING A SCRIPT.